Foundation is one of those things that you have to get right. The wrong foundation can make your skin tone completely off. I was just watching a makeup tutorial on YouTube where the woman’s foundation actually made her look orange! I couldn’t believe it. I’ve had my share of foundation missteps. I’ve had foundation that was too thick, too yellow and too dark. So, it is truly a wonder to find a foundation worth wearing. Here’s my review of Beautycounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation which is part of the Flawless in Five Set.
Also, just so you know: This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of the products I have recommended, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures.
Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation by Beautycounter
I’ve really been trying to simplify my life and clean up my act in every area –including my makeup. I had no idea just how bad your typical, run-of-the-mill, drug store brand foundation could be. As it turns out, liquid foundations can have a bunch of harmful chemicals, including: propylene glycol, methylparaben, and propylparaben, all of which are considered endocrine disruptors. This is super important because the endocrine system is in charge of pretty much ALL biological processes in the body, including growth and function of the reproductive system, development of the brain and nervous system, metabolism and sugar regulation, as well as the functions of the ovaries, testes, pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands. Um…super important. So, it is important to me that the foundation I use is safe. That’s why Beautycounter is my go-to for safer makeup. I know that they will never use these ingredients in any of their products. Ever.
What is Tint Skin?
Tint Skin is basically Beautycounter’s version of foundation. Foundation is typically a skin-toned makeup used to create an even, uniform appearance and cover imperfections. This is how BC describes their product:
Our game-changing Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation is a lightweight, creamy foundation that cares for your skin. The formula goes on seamlessly and blends effortlessly to cover imperfections and even skin tone. And sodium hyaluronate, a natural moisture magnet, promotes smoother-looking skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The coverage level is up to you: For a sheer no-makeup look, apply with our Retractable Foundation Brush, and for medium coverage, apply with our Flat Complexion Brush. Comes in eight highly blendable shades, each uniquely formulated to suit a range of skin tones. Every skin tone gets a match—because we believe everyone deserves enviably beautiful skin.
Beautycounter Tint Skin Swatches
What’s In It
- Aqua/Water/Eau dissolves, extracts or suspends materials usually without altering the chemical makeup of the other chemicals.
- Coco-Caprylate is sourced from coconut or palm. It adds moisture to the skin, softens and smooths.
- Isododecane is synthetic with emollient, and solvent properties.
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate is synthetic with skin conditioning properties.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is sourced from coconut or palm with emollient, skin conditioning, and occlusive properties.
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer is synthetic with skin conditioning and viscosity controlling properties.
- Isostearic Acid is sourced from Castor or Rapeseed plants and is used for its binding, cleansing, emulsifying, and surfactant properties.
- Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate is sourced from Castor or Rapeseed plants and is used for its emulsifying and surfactant properties.
- Isoeicosane is synthetic and is used for its emollient, skin conditioning, and solvent properties.
- Propanediol is sourced from the Corn plant and is used for its solvent and viscosity controlling properties.
- Jojoba Esters are sourced from either the Jojoba Plant or synthetic and are used for its antioxidant, emollient, moisturizing, skin conditioning, and soothing properties as well as its fragrance.
- Glycerin is sourced from Palm and used for its emollient, humectant and solvent properties along with its fragrance.
- Magnesium Sulfate is from a synthetic source and is used for its bulk and viscosity controlling properties.
- Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire d’abeille is from Beeswax and is used for its emulsifying, skin conditioning, and viscosity controlling properties.
- Dimethicone is synthetic and is used for its emollient, skin conditioning, and viscosity controlling properties.
- Gluconolactone is sourced from the Corn plant or synthetic and is used for its chelating, preservative, skin conditioning and viscosity controlling properties.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is sourced through the fermentation of Wheat and is used for its humectant, skin conditioning, and sensory enhancing properties.
- Sodium Chloride is a mineral used as a viscosity controlling thickener.
- Sodium Benzoate is a synthetic preservative.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil is sourced from the Castor Plant and is used for its emollient, emulsifying, skin conditioning, surfactant, and viscosity controlling properties.
- Polyhydroxystearic Acid is sourced from the Castor Plant and is used for its emollient, emulsifying, film forming, and dispersing properties.
- Lecithin is sourced from the Soy Plant and is used for its antistatic, emollient, emulsifying, and skin conditioning properties.
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate is either sourced from Palm of is synthetic and is used for its emollient and skin conditioning properties.
- Isopropyl Myristate is a synthetic used for its binding, emollient, skin conditioning, and solvent properties.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate is sourced from either Castor or Rapeseed Plant and is used for its emulsifying, and viscosity controlling properties.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil is sourced from the Sweet Almond Plant and is used for its skin conditioning properties as well as its fragrance.
- Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil is sourced from the Bergamot Plant and is used for its fragrance.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil is sourced from the Orange Plant and is used for its fragrance.
- Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil is sourced from the Rose Plant and is used for its skin conditioning properties as well as its fragrance.
- Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil is sourced from the Clary Sage Plant and is used for its skin conditioning and tonic properties as well as its fragrance.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil is sourced from the Orange Plant and is used for its fragrance.
- Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit is sourced from the Vanilla Plant and is used for its skin conditioning properties as well as its fragrance.
- Triethoxycaprylylsilane is a synthetic used for its binding and pigment coating properties.
- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) is a mineral used for its colorant, opacifying, and sunscreen agent properties.
- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) is a mineral used for its colorant properties.
How to Use Beautycounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation
- Squeeze a dime sized amount of Tint Skin onto the back of your hand.
- Take your Beautycounter Retractable Foundation Brush and dip and swirl your brush in the foundation.
- Apply to center of face with a light dabbing motion.
- Gently blend outward in light, even strokes.
- Repeat process again with Beautycounter Flat Complexion Brush for additional coverage.
My Beautycounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation Review
The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It looks very clean and minimal. It goes on sheer but it still did a really good job of covering all the redness I had. It makes my pores and fine lines disappear. The overall look is matte, but without being chalky or powdery-looking, with more of a softer, naturally grease-free kind of finish. The dime size amount was more than enough to cover my entire face. The honey color matches my skin tone perfectly.
What is it Like?
It goes on smoothly and makes my skin look really healthy. It doesn’t feel greasy like some foundations and it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing a mask. It offers complete, buildable coverage. If I dab a little extra under my eyes, I don’t need to worry about concealer. It is packed with goodies for your skin including fine line fading sodium hyaluronate, and orange flower oil for antioxidant protection, as well as brightener and moisturizers.
Foundation Wear Test
One of the biggest selling points for me is that I can wear this foundation all day, every day without breaking out. It kept my face looking radiant all day long. It stayed put all day and didn’t feel heavy or thick.
Overall, I love this foundation. When I take off my makeup at the end of the day, my skin seems to be even healthier looking. I really think that it’s because of all of the skin conditioning ingredients found in this product. This is one of those makeup products that I absolutely must-have.
The only downsides to this product are:
- I wish it had a little bit of a scent to it. There is a very subtle hint of fragrance but not much.
- I wish it came with the foundation brush you need.
All-in-all this is a great foundation. It is really hard to find a foundation that is both good for you and makes you look good. This foundation does just that. This is a fantastic foundation. As a mom, I’m always looking for things that can do to make my life easier and streamline my routine. I love that when I use this foundation I’m not just making my skin better in that moment, but I’m treating and conditioning my skin so that it looks good for years to come.
Where to Get It
I have noticed that sometimes you can find a good deal or two on Amazon or Ebay, as well.